Your Business Needs Protection From Ransomware In Harrisburg, PA
You’re a small to medium-sized business, but you’re growing, right?
You probably hope that, someday, your small business gets a lot bigger. But for the time being, I bet you think there’s a silver lining to being small – you’re not a target for hackers, right?
Wrong. You should have computer repair in Harrisburg, PA that helps you stay secure, but you might not think it’s necessary.
Can You Be Too Small To Be A Target?
The news may lead you to believe so, but it’s simply not an accurate representation of the cybercrime industry.
There’s a fundamental problem with cybercrime news coverage. It’s really a core problem with news in general, that the bigger the news is the higher the profile it gets:
- The Capital One breach that compromised the personal information 100 million Americans and up to 6 million Canadians
- The DoorDash hack that leaked the data of up to 5 million customers, drivers, and merchants involved with the organization
- The Target hack of 2013, when hackers gained access to their network through the corporation’s HVAC vendor Fazio, who had been given external access for business purposes
This is major news, showing how even the biggest targets can be penetrated by a well-aimed cyber weapon – a good thing right? Yes and no; the issue is that when all the cybercrime news is focused on big fish, you start to assume that small businesses aren’t at risk.
The truth? In almost half of all the cyber breaches that have occurred in recent years, a small business was the target. As reported in Verizon’s Data Breach Report and Forbes…
- 58% of all breaches in 2018 involved small businesses.
- 43% of all breaches involved small businesses in 2019.
- Ransomware attacks are still going strong, accounting for 24% of the malware incidents analyzed and is the #2 most-used malware type.
What Can You Do To Protect Your Small Business?
Invest in a little expert protection – PC Patrol. We can put our big business cybersecurity expertise to work for you, implementing best practices, identifying vulnerabilities, and protecting you against the more common and dangerous cybercrime scams.
Designed for home users and micro-businesses alike that have up to 5 PCs, PC Patrol delivers cost-effective cybersecurity support:
- Multi-Layered managed security software keeps you protected with Anti-Virus, Anti-Ransomware, Firewall, and Web Security Filtering.
- Daily backup of your critical files keeps them safe from harm.
- Accurate alerts that mean we can address problems quickly. If and when something occurs, our dedicated team of remote technicians will get you up and running quickly.
Better yet – PC Patrol takes just 30 minutes to implement – it’s as simple as that!
The primary lesson here is that if a business as big as CapitalOne, DoorDash or Target can be made into a victim by cybercriminals, so can you. Get a little extra help on your side from computer repair in Harrisburg, PA – get some help from PC Patrol.
Like this article? Check out the following blogs to learn more: